Low self-esteem can cause a vicious cycle which makes you feel worse and worse. Holistic health practitioners near me often see the impact of low self esteem on physical health. Feeling badly about yourself can lead you to feel unmotivated to change what is making you feel down in the first place. It is often a vicious cycle. A person feels bad about themselves and then is unmotivated to do the things necessary to get well, stay well, or maintain their health. If you don’t change the root cause of your negative feelings, then your self-esteem takes an even deeper dive. Thus your physical health suffers. Integrative and functional medicine doctors near me, often look at the physiological aspects of low self esteem including neurohormonal imbalances that are rooted in the gut.
This cycle of negativity can be damaging, but there are things that you can do to break the cycle. As holistic health practitioners near me offer these tips to help people support their mental as well as emotional health.
Try these techniques to give your self-esteem a boost:
- Learn and master a new skill. Integrative and functional medicine doctors near me often recommend learning new skills to help to reprogram new areas of the brain. When you learn a new skill and become good at it, your confidence will no doubt grow. This is especially true if the skill benefits something you already do. Learn and mastering a new skill can help boost your self-esteem.
- Make a list of all of your accomplishments. It can be easy to forget all of the things you’ve achieved in your lifetime. Holistic health practitioners near me often recommend to be mindful of your current progress. Celebrating tiny successes is help to building your self esteem. So, make a list of these accomplishments, and from time to time, read the list to remind yourself of them. You’ll feel much better about yourself as you acknowledge your accomplishments. Integrative and functional medicine doctors near me often recommend this exercise to help build serotonin.
- Do something creative. Being creative helps to stimulate your brain, and the more use your brain gets the bigger the benefits. Integrative and functional medicine doctors near me recommend doing various activities to stimulate the brain waves. If you combine creativity with trying something new, even more benefits will be achieved. Creativity has been linked to helping with boost your self-esteem.
- Set values for your life. What are your values? Does your current lifestyle reflect these values? If it doesn’t, take action to make the necessary changes. Holistic health practitioners near me review current lifestyle habits and how those impact the other components of your life. Learning who you are and what you stand for, and then living these values, will increase your confidence. Values for your life can help boost your Self-Esteem.
- Think positive. Instead of thinking negatively when faced with a difficult task, think about it as a challenge that you can overcome. Think positively, consider what you can learn from the experience, and be proud of yourself once you’ve accomplished it. If you tend to go to a pessimistic viewpoint your hormones or neurotransmitters could be impacted. An integrative and functional medicine doctor near me can run labs and make recommendations to rebuild neurotransmitters and hormones in the system.
- Stretch your comfort zone. Try new things. Go to new places. Meet new people. As a result, you’ll see your confidence grow. Holistic health practitioners near me, often will help you see your blind spots and help you expand and grow as a human. Being in your comfort zone will not always feel comfortable, and can elicit a fear response. Although, an integrative and functional medicine doctors near me, can assess cortisol with the impacts on the body.
- Help someone. When you help someone else, you’ll feel a sense of achievement and enjoy higher self-esteem as long as you help someone in balance. Holistic health practitioners near me, evaluate the health of your boundaries on your total overall health.
- Try to heal your past. Past issues or drama can prevent you from moving on and growing as a person. You may want to speak to holistic health practitioners near me to talk through any issues you may have.They can provide practical tools, skills, and coping mechanisms to help you transform your relationships in your life.
- Avoid worrying about what others think. The one person whose opinion of you matters is you! Integrative and functional medicine doctors near often review the impact on the body. Worrying has been known to effect the digestive system, the gall bladder, etc. Worrying is rooted in fear. Fear is not helpful for the digestive system. Do what you feel is best, feel confident that you did your best, and your self-esteem will soar.
- Read something inspirational. Stories of others who have overcome issues or dire situations and gone on to lead successful lives can inspire you to do the same. Self-help content can inspire you to reach for the stars and help you get there. Such inspiration also makes you feel optimistic and better about yourself. Holistic health practitioners near me often will recommend books to read in regards to concepts that you need to learn about your health. These can reinforce concepts that you are working on in sessions.
- Stay away from negative people. There will be people in your life who always seem to put you down and leave you feeling badly about yourself. It may be best to let them go. Instead, try to surround yourself with positive people who will lift you up and make you feel good about yourself. Being around negative people can negatively impact your health, integrative and functional medicine doctors near me can provide homeopathic as well as nutrient support to help the impact of stress on the body.
- Take care of your appearance. When you look after yourself, you are going to feel good about yourself too. Integrative and functional medicine doctors near me often will teach you simple ways to help yourself feel good to encourage healthy behaviors such as eating healthy, detoxifying the body, and supporting the bodies ability to heal itself.
- Focus on what you can change. Some things in life are out of our control. Focus your energy on the things you can control, and you’ll happily find that you can change your life for the better. Holistic health practitioners near me can offer support to help you maintain your boundaries and not give your power away.
Once you start to incorporate some of these tips into your daily life, your self-esteem will start to grow. It may not happen overnight, but with time you will certainly see an improvement. This is not an exhaustive list of the various things you can do to help boost your Self-Esteem. Transforming the false beliefs attached to self can also help to improve self esteem and help you feel more empowered. .