9 Healthy Habits to Start Today
When it comes to living a healthy life, doctors who practice integrative medicine near me can provide small habits can add up to something more significant over time. This can go both ways. Integrated Doctors near me advice healthy habits that can strengthen your health over time, while unhealthy habits weaken. These unhealthy habits make me more vulnerable to disease.
Consider developing these healthy habits. Over time, with the help of doctors who practice integrative medicine near me, you can make a massive, positive difference to your overall health:
- Use the stairs. Whether you are at home or in the office, use the stairs as much as you can. Avoid using the elevator or escalator if possible and you’ll notice that both your legs and heart will tone and strengthen over time. This will help you get your steps in for the day, integrated doctors near me recommend a minimum of 10 thousand steps per day.
- Drink an extra glass of water daily. Water is incredibly important for good health. Little by little, you can cut out soft drinks and replace them with water. Doctors who practice integrative medicine near me recommend to drink a minimum of half of your body weight in ounces in water. The more water that you add into your diet the less your body wants other beverages. Integrated doctors near me, can also advise on types of water to drink as well.
- Not only is water free of any calories, but also helps to keep your temperature at a normal level, lubricate and cushion your joints, and protect your spinal cord. It also helps to remove waste via urination, sweat, and your bowel movements.
- If a person does not drink enough water, the kidneys and liver will not be able to flush the system as well. Dehydration is the number one cause of so many conditions, that can be preventable. Chronic dehydration can slow the bowels and prevent detoxification.
- Go for a daily walk. Doctors who practice integrative medicine near me recommend that going for a daily walk is a healthy form of low-impact exercise. Integrated doctors near me recommend getting some fresh air too, as it can help clear your mind of stress, get your out of the house, and have you around the various electromagnetic frequencies outside. Bonding with nature, also connects the mind, body, and spirit with natural relaxation hormones.
- Sit up straight. Integrated Doctors near me recommend good posture which can help prevent aches and pains, while also reducing stress on your ligaments. Doctors who practice integrative medicine near me tend to recommend having strong core muscles to help support the back. Supporting the back will help to preserve disc health, and overall spine health. If you find yourself forgetting to sit upright, leave a note for yourself, and it will soon become an unconscious habit.
Get more sleep. It is vital that you get enough sleep, and that your sleep is restful. If you aren’t getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night, you may find yourself feeling lethargic the following day if you are not getting enough sleep. The quality of sleep may also be an issue as well. Integrated doctors near me, advise on sleep cycles as well as habits. Over time, many of your systems can be negatively affected by lack of sleep. Getting the proper sleep is often a neglected healthy habbit.
Doctors who practice integrative medicine near me, advise on the likely to crave unhealthy foods too. Lack of sleep can causes the hormones that control your hunger to become disrupted, leading to these cravings. Balancing the digestive system as well as the hormones can help support the bodies ability to heal itself.
- Eat a healthy breakfast every morning. Doctors who practice integrative medicine near me, advise on blood sugar regulation. It is often said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eat something rich in fiber and high protein can stabilize the blood sugar in the morning. It is important that 30 mins upon waking that you stabilize the blood sugar and metabolism. This prevents you from having a blood sugar crash before lunchtime, helping to avoid those mid-morning cravings.
- Fiber and protein both have additional long-term health benefits. For example, fiber is good for your digestion, while protein helps to maintain your bodies ability to heal.
- Eat more fresh fruit and vegetables. Doctors who practice integrative medicine near me recommend eating a whole foods diet. Fruits and vegetables are rich in various nutrients that your body needs for good health. Add at least 2 vegetables to each meal and opt for some fruit when you want a snack. If you can’t get them fresh, frozen is your next best alternative. Integrated doctors near me also recommend eating as much organic food as possible to reduce toxic loads.
- Balance on one leg. Standing on one leg for 10 seconds before switching to the other leg can help to stabilize the pelvis and prevent fall risks. Doctors who practice integrative medicine, advise on fall risks for patients. In our practice, we perform a body composition assessment to look at muscle tone for the legs. Standing on a one leg is a simple exercise that can become part of your neuromotor training and help build balance. It can help improve your balance, agility, and mobility.
- Weigh yourself each week. Integrated doctors often will weigh or assess their patients body composition to further understand their muscle tone, visceral fat, etc. Make a note of your body composition on a particular day. Then assess yourself on the same day the following week and each week thereafter. Since weight tends to fluctuate daily, a weekly weigh-in will help you keep better track of your weight. Doing a body composition as opposed to just a weight, keeps the person motivated on their healthcare journey as well as gauging effectiveness of treatment.
These healthy habits are easy to develop if you do it slowly.This is a journey, and it takes time to develop. To start, just add one or two. Once those activities become habits, add in another step in your health journey. Before you know it, you’ll start to feel healthier, with energy to spare.
- No Tags For This Post