Lab Assistant performs patient phlebotomy duties while maintaining the highest level of customer service. Collects, labels, and processes patients specimens for testing; responsible for registration and test data entry.
- High school diploma or GED; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Knowledge of electronic health records.
- Records maintenance experience needed.
- Knowledge of guest registration procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations.
- Strong data entry and typing skills.
- Competent with technology: MS Word & Excel, Google Drive, iPad usage, and GMAIL in a Windows environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time; detailed oriented.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality (HIPAA).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- To form strong boundaries
- Ability to enforce the P&P and set firm boundaries.
- Handle Laboratory orders
- Create Laboratory reports
- Send referrals
- Send HCR
- The ability to retrieve medical records
- Confirming and onboarding new patients
Responsible for collecting data and making lab work and lab reports with that data that is now faxable to drs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Job Function *)
- Greets practice members in a professional manner.
- Ability to create lab orders
- Sending laboratory invoices
- Being able to perform phlebotomy.
- Creating dr chrono templates
- Faxing lab orders and lab reports to labcorp or other doctors.
- Able to review medical records.
- Ability to write up doctor notes.
- Writing up invoices for patients.
- Sending HCRs to providers for medical records.
- Prepping ROs to providers for medical records.
- Creating chart labs for patients.
- Provides day-to-day staff support for the practice, to include preparing documents and reports, providing office services, scheduling and facilitating meetings and travel arrangements, and/or providing dictation or transcription services.
- Follow up within 48 hours of consultation.
- Responsible for monthly follow-ups with prospective practice members.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness and serviceability of the practice and equipment; arranges for maintenance and repair as needed.
- Activate bodysite users.
- Charting session encounters.
- Onboarding new practice members.
- Confirming and onboarding new patients.
- Charting videos and tasking.
- Confirming and onboarding patients.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate as the employee works in an office environment, in an individual workstation, using telephone and computer. Employees are required to work mornings and afternoons as required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job,it is required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or equipment; walk, stoop, kneel; talk or hear. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally may move up to 30 pounds. You must be able to handle a needle safely and be able to handle any and all bodily fluids while wearing gloves and putting in sterilized utensils such as vials. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fraction, and percent’s, decimals, discounts, and cash counting.
Ability to understand medical terminology and carry out detailed and objective written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to write up lab reports for labcorp and other drs.
Ability to SAFELY perform phlebotomy .
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to remain calm under pressure and communicate effectively when dealing with guests, practice members, staff, equipment problems, or emergency situations.
At Holistic Family Practice, we believe that diversity fuels creativity and innovation. Holistic Family Practice is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive practice where employees excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, personal development, and job performance.
A 90-day new hire probationary period will be in effect from the initial date of service. Employees are eligible for a six-month performance evaluation. A bonus incentive may apply based on policy.
The following software that is to be used:
- Fortis Pay
- Review wave
- Blood Chem
- Great Plains
- Direct labs
- DNA Supplementation
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The employer reserves the right to change or modify the job description as business needs dictate.