The diet consists mostly of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, legumes, nuts, seeds, and oils. This diet differs from the vegetarian and vegan diets in that it actually permits animal food products like meat, dairy, fish, and eggs. The portions of food from animal sources, however, are very small with most of the required protein coming from plant sources. Animal products must also comply with the principle of eating foods that have had little to no chemical processing or treatment involved. Keep in mind, that the plant-based diet can always be adjusted to include no meat at all. While the plant-based diet allows for small portions of meat each day, if you prefer to follow a strictly vegan plant-based diet, you’re permitted to do so. As you progress through this 30-day program, you will begin to understand these differences as well as the information needed to successfully follow and implement a plant-based diet. Get ready to experience all of the health-filled benefits!
What to eat
– Vegetables: Strong colors, cruciferous (broccoli and cauliflower), dark leafy greens
– Fruits: berries, fruits containing fiber
– Beans and Legumes
– Nuts and Seeds
– Whole grains
– Small amounts of high-quality meats: lean, grass-fed, no growth hormones, locally/wild-caught fish (if you wish to eat animal products)
– Small amounts of grass-fed, whole milk cheeses (if you wish to eat animal products)
What not to eat
– Avoid processed foods (packaged, foods that have a long shelf life, sodas, sweetened teas)
– Any GMO foods (Genetically Modified Organisms)
– Any foods with unfamiliar chemicals and sugars as ingredients
– Avoid Meats with added hormones and antibiotics
– Alcoholic beverages that contain syrups and added flavors
Your plan includes:
- Tailored content to help you achieve your goals
- 24/7 access to your account on the Holistic Family Practice wellness portal where you can view all of your content, track your progress, and more!
- Easy-to-use iOS or Android app so you can access your plan on the go!