Do you struggle with not trusting self or not trusting yourself to make the right decision? The truth is, in many circumstances, your instincts are usually right, but if you tend to overthink things too much, you might stray from those initial inner thoughts which involve not trusting self.
Following Your Heart by Trusting Yourself to make the Right Decision
Sometimes following your heart instead of your mind can seem like the “weak” thing to do when you have learned not trusting self for survival. This is not the case; following your heart and trusting yourself to make the right decision is following the core of your beliefs and is usually the best thing you can do.
When you follow your heart by trusting yourself to make the right decision, you’re usually happy. Happy people enjoy their lives and are usually healthier in the long run. If you want to be happy, you must learn how to follow your heart.
You can begin following your heart by keeping these tips to learn to trust yourself fully:
- Trust your subconscious thoughts. It can be tough to stay in touch with your subconscious thoughts, but they make up your initial instincts and they’re close to your heart. You know that the truth will be revealed to you if you give yourself enough time. Learn to trust yourself by accepting trusting yourself to make the right decision. Usually your first thought on a subject is accurate.
- Go with what feels right. Don’t be afraid to take action towards the things that feel right. If something feels off to you, you can stop and explore the reasons why. It always starts with a feeling. Go in the direction of your positive feelings instead of choosing to think about not trusting self.
- Avoid over thinking. Sometimes your mind can get away from you and start cycling through negative thoughts. Take deep breaths and get back into a positive mindset so that you can see your true path more clearly by trusting yourself to make the right decision.
Trusting Yourself to Make the Right Decision
There are several good techniques that can help you better grasp the process of trusting yourself to make the right decision. Some of these common solutions might work for you.
These strategies can help you trust your instincts and stop not trusting self:
- Stick with your gut feeling. Following your heart and instincts are very similar things. It’s important to go with your initial thoughts instead of not trusting self. This is because it’s likely a thought that’s coming from within and not something you’ve had time to think endlessly about. You’d be amazed with how many times you just end up going with your initial feeling anyway.
- Write down your thoughts. It might help to engage in a free writing session to understand why you may not trust self. Pick up a pen and just write your thoughts down as they come. Try not to put the pen down. It doesn’t matter if you start writing some things that don’t pertain to the subject. After reading your notes, you’ll probably get a better idea about your base instincts, what caused you to doubt them, and what has you continue to think that you are not trustworthy.
- Keep yourself in a relaxed state. It’s always best to do your thinking while you’re relaxed. That way you know you’re not making any strained decisions. Trusting yourself to make the right decision is something that is done over time and more so in a relaxed state. Do what you can to relax yourself, whether it’s deep breathing, a warm bath, or meditation techniques.
- Avoid changing your mind unless there’s a valid reason. Occasionally, you’ll know that your initial instinct was wrong. In this case, if you have a valid reason to change your mind, you should do so. However, if you don’t have a good reason, just follow through with your initial thoughts instead of not trusting self.
Read Also: Overcome Your Fear With Healthy Alternatives
You’ll find that most of the time your instincts and heart are correct in the end so it makes more sense about trusting yourself to make the right decision. Even when they’re not, banish discouragement and keep practicing. Maintain a positive attitude and keep trying and soon your heart and instincts will be your guiding lights. You’ve got this! I believe in you!